Saturday, April 08, 2006

Volatilly

My friends and I were going to write a book about the volatility of life in your 20s titled "Volatilly." I can't exactly remember how we got to that title (no, it's not a typo) but nonetheless...it was going to be a collection of random essays exemplifying the unpredictable time of life. I think now would be the perfect time to write it.

Three weeks ago I was going about life in Cincinnati and now here I am, anticipating moving to London in a few months. BUT, it's still not official. I still have no real details except that, "they're working on the details." I think it's going to happen and I'm hoping for that, but I have this nagging feeling it will fall through. I don't think they know how they've turned my life upside down. It's just about all I can think about sometimes...but when I go to work no one is really talking about it because the majority of the people don't even know. I'm just supposed to go about life like nothing is going on. Life in limbo is not the easiest. How much longer will I be here? When am I leaving? Where will I live? How the heck will I get over there? You get the picture.

I'm going to London in a couple weeks...I think. Again, I still don't really know.

As I'm sure you're realizing by now I don't like this whole not-knowing-thing. I like control. I think there was something about that in the sermon this week. Oh, that's right, I'm supposed to give that to God. Well, I'm working on it. I know He's got it covered better than I ever could and I just have to trust that.

0 comments: