Friday, April 14, 2006

Coffee snob

Not only am I addicted to spy shows, I'm also addicted to coffee. Apparently I'm revealing all my vices this week, stay tuned ;)

Tonight I had to go out and buy coffee filters because I ran out and I need my coffee in the morning. Well, I was already out so it wasn't too inconvenient to stop. It's so bad that I don't really even get hyper from it anymore. I can drink it and pretty much go right to bed afterwards. I do find, though, that it helps me focus in the afternoon at work. It helps me make it from 3 until 6.

I don't drink bad coffee either. Don't give me Folgers or Maxwell House, or most instant coffees. I want the real thing, it tastes so much better. Starbucks is okay, but I think they roast a lot of the flavor out of their beans. I prefer a bold taste and organic usually has the best flavor. I'm also somewhat of a fair trade advocate when it comes to coffee but I admit I'm somewhat fickle on this point. Still, I guarantee you'll get a great cup of coffee at Rohs Street Cafe, a fair trade, organic coffee shop in Clifton. Definitely better than Starbucks. I'll even bet you that you'll like it better. Although that's risky because if you like crap coffee I can't be held responsible for your bad taste...but you should try it anyway. You can also catch great, live music there on the weekends. Jazz on Thursdays is my favorite.

0 comments: