Saturday, June 23, 2007

week in pictures

I've been a little busy. Good busy, but busy. Last weekend I was away in Portsmouth with my church for a fun and refreshing weekend. This week I was in Oxford a couple nights for work meetings. Last night I went to my first cricket match and today I had lunch with a friend, watched Shrek the Third and had dinner with friends. Phew...and it's not really going to slow down for awhile. Here are some pictures to summarize.
Me and my friend Erin in the harbor of Portsmouth, on England's southern coast. From here they have a hovercraft to the Isle of Wight and ferries to France. The Ashmolean Museum in Oxford, we had dinner here on Wednesday. A cute thatched roof cottage in Oxford... We also went to the Turf Tavern in Oxford. Apparently it's one of the oldest pubs in Oxford and used to be frequented by Bill Clinton. The Oval cricket grounds in London. Surrey vs. Middlesex. At first I had absolutely no idea what was going on but once I learned how teams score it was much more fun and I have to say I was pretty into it by the end of the match! I was excited to see that the English do the wave at sporting events...although they have their own twist on it. It's just like the American version only they throw trash up in the air when they stand up. Eww.Me, Wakako and Eleanor at our first cricket match! I don't think I'll turn into a huge fan but it was a good time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi ,Emily
your blog was really fantastic & exciting. ur writing skill is good & the way u took photographs was beautiful.I am writing just because I really liked your article. Normally I would not go through articles / stories and blogs during office hours but this but this time I hit your blog while looking for a client's link.What could be better if you place a link where travellers can even book their travel.I am sure, would definitely help a lot of ferry takers. Please take some time to go through my website - http://www.norfolkline.com and place a link at ferries to france. You can just copy the HTML code:Ferries To France
And by the way I am not a spammer or a machine. I am a real human Emily and looking forward to more such informative blogs from you.

Keep up the good spirit.

Hoping to hear soon about my link. I shall even share your blog with a few of my friends interested in Travel.

Regards,
kashif
kq.kashif@gmail.com