Friday, June 29, 2007

Snow Patrol...and the rest of my top 5

Last night was event number 2 on my summer concert series - Snow Patrol at the O2. It was an amazing show! You can't exactly tell from the picture but we had a great view. They are a great band. I can't think what else to say except if you don't listen to them you should really start. The venue was also pretty cool. It's a new arena in London, formerly the Millenium Dome. It has a huge arena inside for concerts, smaller concert venues, a movie theatre and over 20 bars and restaurants.

While I'm talking about Snow Patrol I thought it would be a good time to unveil my Top 5 bands off all time (so far!). Drumroll please.....

In no particular order the winners are:

Dave Matthews Band - I have to have him on the list because I listened to him non-stop in high school and college and I still enjoy it. He's got way too much of my money from CDs and concerts.
U2 - You can't deny they're one of the greatest bands. Any band who can keep producing great music across decades and have such huge influence has to be on the list. I'm still dying to see them in concert
The Beatles - Same as above (only I guess I won't be seeing them in concert)
Snow Patrol - This is the newest band on my list but I think they have staying power. I first fell in love with them when I heard "Run" and the rest of their music is awesome as well.
Rich Mullins - One of the best artists in Christian music. His songs (and life) inspire me, make me think and help me through hard times. Plus there is a slight home town connection.

I am still working on narrowing down the list who will make it into my Top 10. I may have to get creative.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good list. Rich Mullins (http://www.kidbrothers.net/video.html)--Hold Me Jesus, Creed, The Color Green--have gotten me through some tough times. I love the Jesus record. He led me to finding out more about St. Francis and reading G.K. Chesterton and gave me insight into God's love for me. U2!