Monday, October 15, 2007

8 miles...

Sunday I ran my longest distance to date - 8 miles! I haven't been able to train much in weeks leading up to it so I was so proud that I could actually run the whole thing. It was a beautiful day and the route was along the Thames so it was a nice run. I did it in about 1 hour and 15 minutes which is decent, honestly I was just glad to finish.

I ran it with my friend Sue-Ellen who has run "ultra-marathons" before (52 miles!!). Afterwards she sent me a text to say "good job" and also, "we'll have to train harder when you get back to London." Hmmm, what does that mean exactly? I'm not sure what I'm going to get myself into but I guess we need to set the next goal.That's me in the blue hat.

3 comments:

The Riggs Family said...

Congrats Em! I see a marathon in your future...maybe you'll come home for the 10th anniversary of The Flying Pig this year? Eric's planning to run it (I won't have enough time to recover and train for it, but am hoping to do the 10K the day before and hang out with baby Cate at the finish). 1:15 is awesome for 8 miles! Only 18.2 to go! ;-) See you soon

Kelly said...

Great job! I can't imagine!! See you soon!

Shari said...

Go Emily! Good job. Hope you're having a great time at home. =)