Friday, July 28, 2006

5 Things

You may recall I have a list of 5 things to do by the time I'm 30. Actually, there are currently 3 on the list:

1. Be able to play Moonlight Sonata again
2. Hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back out
3. Go on a relief and development trip to Africa.

First, let me say I can cross number 1 off the list. If you want me to prove it you'll have to stop by and I'll play it for you. Second, I'm now prepared to add the remaining 2.

4. Visit the French Riviera- I wanted to add something about traveling around Europe. Of course I hope to visit many more places than the French Riviera but this sounds cool and is a little more defined than "Travel around Europe."
5. Go to an outdoor music festival such as SXSW, Coachella, Austin City Limits, etc. I love live music and I've always wanted to go to one of these festivals so why not add it to the list?

I recently got a little criticism on my list, "Why bother making a list if they aren't really challenging?" Let me clarify the reason for the list. It isn't that I think these 5 accomplishments will define me. It's also not meant to push me to do challenging things. I'm not opposed to a challenge but the purpose of the list is meant to help me keep in perspective some of the things I want to do as life keeps speeding by. Some people have goals that they want to be a millionaire by the time they're 30. That's fine, but I like the feeling of checking things off my list and I don't have complete control over whether I become a millionaire or not.

So, the list is now complete. 1 down, 4 to go. (ahh, did you feel the rush when I checked one off the list?)

3 comments:

Ryan said...

hey- if you want some help with number 4.. I might be able to help out when I'm over there next year. Depending on how travel plans are and vacation time, I could show you around my old stomping grounds?!

Ryan said...

no, I've been back in LA since the 12th. Filming is slow but fun. Today was our first day cause they had to push it back due to some issues with the set... I also had to shave my arms and a leg since I'm just coming out of the ground they want that baby fresh smooth look and i'm covered in this KY sort of gel. lol. should be a fun finished product! Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Whoever said your list wasn't challenging enough has not been to the Grand Canyon!!