Friday, January 23, 2009

A momentous day

I'm a few days late in commenting on the Inauguration of Barack Obama. I don't have much comment except that I did watch it. I need to stay in the loop at least a little bit since I'm not in the country. I do have to say it's nice to be able to turn off the news so I'm not overwhelmed with the coverage of the event.

But, on Tuesday night I went to see Thriller Live. Thriller Live is a West End show celebrating the music of Michael Jackson. It's not like Mamma Mia which tries to build a story around the songs, it's just music and dancing. During the song "Heal the World" they had photos of people who I assume they thought helped heal the world. I'm not sure what the criteria was but the last photo was Obama. (So you see, these two things do tie together!) Perhaps not as important in the grand scheme of history, but it was more entertaining than the speech.

Memo to the drunk girls sitting next to me: We came to hear the performers on stage sing, not you. Of course, everyone was singing to the party songs, but not the ballads. Next time if you want to sing, maybe you should audition.

0 comments: