Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Yes, I live in Walnut Hills

You may know my sister Melissa has been scouring the Cincinnati area for summer jobs. It turns out my friend Eric who manages a CVS store had openings so she applied on-line to work there for the summer. When Eric received the application he thought she mistakenly checked a box saying that she was on welfare because the program spit out some extra forms she needed to sign. However, she was pretty sure she hadn't checked anything like that. Today she went for her first day and they found out that something else on her application had triggered the welfare forms to be printed...her zipcode! Just because she lives in Walnut Hills the CVS system printed out welfare forms for her. Apparently there are several things on the application that can trigger this (certain birth dates and I'm not sure what else)- but still. I mean, isn't that some type of weird discrimination or something? Who decides which answers qualify? If they need special forms for welfare, just ask the applicant if they're on welfare. It seems a bit presumptuous to print them based on their answer to other sections of the application.

Maybe this is just another reason to get your prescriptions filled at Milford Pharmacy and Wellness Center instead. (Shout out to my dad here! But we can still be friends Eric)

PS. You can pray for Melissa, she has 2 interviews for teaching jobs on Friday :)

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow! That's crazy! I'll have to watch out what forms I fill out!

Ryan said...

total discrimination. funny...but kinda dumb too!!

Ryan said...

BTW, I followed the link to your dad's website and saw there was an "ask the pharmacist" button....so I clicked it and wrote him a little note to say hi! lol...Hope he doesn't mind.

Anonymous said...

In my husband's defense...he isn't the onewho decided what zip codes will trigger welfare forms in the CVS system :-)